National Bank originated in 1901 with the chartering of the First National
Bank of Hondo, which was located on Avenue M. The Hondo State Bank opened
in 1906 at the same location. In 1936 the two banks merged into a new
chartered bank called The Hondo National Bank with total capital of $60,000.
On November 31, 1950, the bank moved to its new quarters on 18th
Street. The bank has operated continuously since the inception of the
two banks in the early 1900s and weathered the "Great Depression,"
as well as the "Banking Crisis of the 1980s."
office operated in Hondo until branch banking was permitted in Texas.
In 1998 the banks Bandera Branch was established, in 2003 the
Uvalde Branch was opened, and in 2006 the Leakey Branch was opened. Significant growth
has been experienced during the last few years due to a concerted marketing
effort and the influx of people into the area west of San Antonio. The bank has
more than tripled its size during the last ten years.
Teller Machines are located in Hondo, Bandera, Uvalde, and Leakey.
It is our desire to grow while profitably providing superior financial
services to our customers. We will accomplish this by offering
"one-on-one" customer service in a friendly atmosphere, developing
community ties, and ensuring the highest efficiencies, integrity, and
honesty while maintaining security and confidentiality.